Simplest lunch in the worldMay 5, 2009
A flying visit to the tropics for the weekend, with family at beautiful Magnetic Island in far North Queensland. It is an excellent escape and we plan to do it again before winter is out. Perfect swimming weather, and still warm enough to eat outdoors in the evening.
So if it’s cold where you are, and you want to pretend it’s still summer, turn up the heat and whack this on the table for the easiest lunch in the world.
1. Cooked prawns. We had tigers one day and red spots the next – succulent, flavoursome, delicious.
2. Bread. Sourdough best, otherwise any good crusty white.
3. Green salad with good oil & balsamic dressing.
4. Mayonnaise – preferably Norganics Soya Mayonnaise, otherwise Hellman’s (or homemade, obviously, if you can be bothered).
5. Two glasses of Veuve Clicquot.
Happy, happy, happy day.